Thursday, December 2, 2010

Pick Me!


I know you have a huge list of candidates for this position, but quite frankly, I believe I can blow you away with all of my experience. There is no other candidate out there that can out perform me. My imagination is unlimited and I am from a different background, unlike most of your candidates. I will bring variety to you class room, such variety that you have not yet experienced before. It is time. My work may or may not impress you, but I am sure I will stand out in your mind from all of the other candidates. My work varies from my own background and imagination ability, to my researching skills. Your students will relate to my work, and most importantly, to me. All of these papers are excellent examples of where my career stands at this moment in time. Please give me a chance as your new teaching assistant, I promise, once you have read my work, it will be hard to resist.

My portfolio that I have attached contains five examples of my work. Hopefully, these examples will open the door towards being your teaching assistant. The order of these papers are strategically placed. The first two papers, “Where I’m From Poem” and “Who Am I”, will give you insight of my life. I feel it is important to get to know someone before you are stuck working with them for a whole year. The next paper, “It’s one of your days” is my personal favorite story I have written. I put a lot of thought and imagination in it and I hope you will like it. Second to last is my character analysis paper, “Behind the Glory, Pop Fisher”. This paper will show my ability to research a character taken from a book. Being able to read thoroughly is an important trait that I will love to teach the students. Lastly, I have attached my “Computer Engineering” research project. I have put a lot of effort in it and I believe it will impress you. All of my research is attached to the paper as well. The reason why this paper was chosen was because I want you to see that I am capable of teaching students to research properly. In order for you to fully understand my view points in teaching your students and my abilities, further analysis of these papers is required.

My first paper, I believe, will provide you with a little bit of my background. This is the “Where I’m From Poem”. It might be hard to believe, but everything that is written on this paper is a hundred percent accurate. I did not need to make up false statements in order for myself to look unique or different, what you see is my life, written on a paper. I was given a chance in life to accomplish something that my parents could never do. As a little kid, I was always taught to never rely on anyone but yourself to accomplish a goal. With this statement set in mind, I will attempt to share my thoughts with your students, and hopefully, make them realize how important determination really is. I personally believe I have great detail in my work, for example on lines 24-28, “The long car ride in a new world and the death of loved ones. I am from Kiev, The busy neighborhoods and deserted farmlands”. Although poems are not my strong suit, I admit, but I believe this is my favorite poem I have written in my career and I believe you will enjoy it as well.

In order for you to personally know me I have also attached my “Who Am I?” paper. This paper, unlike the previous one, will provide you with my characteristics. I am an honest person, there for when I write I tend to speak my mind. For example in my introduction I wrote, “If I were to describe myself by means of only three nouns, I would declare that I am a man, a friend, and quite frankly, lazy”, Honesty goes a long way in a career, I do admit I can be lazy at times, but motivation is no problem. I tend to get side tracked. This paper also shows my wide vocabulary and sentence structure. I am not perfect although, but who is? My major error in this paper I would say was not proof reading my work. Using myself as an example, I want to teach your students the importance of proof reading a paper. So much can be missed if it is rushed. I have also attached my drafts so it is noticed that I plan ahead when writing papers. This is an important trait and must be done in order to perfect a paper.

As stated before, “It’s One of Your Days”, is my favorite story I have written. This paper demonstrates my ability to use my imagination, which is highly important when writing a paper. Imagination plays a key role in the learning process of students. With their imagination, any paper can be written with ease. I also demonstrated my detailing skill. I put as much detail as possible into this paper. Descriptive stories allow the reader to visualize what they are reading. The reader will have better experiences reading descriptive stories oppose to a dull and boring one.

After reading “The Natural”, the character of Pop Fisher had to be analyzed. My paper, “Behind the Glory, Pop Fisher”, goes deep into his character traits and personality. I feel as this paper provides a great example of my ability to research a character out of a book, which is an important thing for a candidate to be able to do. In some cases, when students read they miss out key points about a character and never notice anything special that the author cleverly thought about. As your teaching assistant I will help your students think outside the box when they are reading a book. I will give them many examples of ways to correctly interpret a character.

Lastly is a paper that took a good amount of time to write. This is the “Computer Engineering” isearch paper. A lot of research went into this paper. I used numerous sources in order to obtain accurate information. Knowing how to find an answer to a question is a very important thing to be able to do. If you pick me, my researching skill will not go to waste. I will make sure to teach all of the students the basics. Shuffling through search engines in order to find an answer can be quite time consuming if not done right. We are living in an age where computers are taking over the libraries. No longer is it necessary to find all information in a book. The only problem that I have is citing my work at times. Although I have a minor weakness, this could be easily corrected and understood before I become your candidate.

I understand that a lot of people are applying for this position. The most I can ask from you is that you look over my work. I understand that there is a slim chance in receiving this job, but I believe that if you give me a chance, I can prove myself, and to your students, that I am the right candidate. If you choose me, you will not be disappointed!

No comments:

Post a Comment